When you prepare and eat your meals at home it’s relatively easy to keep to your eating plan. However dining away from home, whether it’s a quick takeaway, or dining at the finest 5 star restaurant offers some unique challenges. Some sensible planning and choosing when you are eating away from home will help you keep within the Celebrity Slim guidelines.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Many Asian dishes, such as meat and vegetable stir fry, are allowable as long as you don’t eat the rice or noodles. Ask for more vegetables instead.
- Try to choose MSG free (Mono Sodium Glutamate) foods as there is some evidence that suggests that MSG can interfere with fat burning metabolism causing fat to be retained.
- Beware of sweet sauces as they will be high in sugar, for example: lemon chicken, sweet and sour, etc.
- Spare ribs are delicious and very low in carbohydrates.
- Chicken and beef satay sticks with satay sauce are delicious and contain very little carbohydrates.
- Takeaway salads with chicken or beef – ask for dressing on the side and use sparingly, may be loaded with fats and carbs.
- BBQ chicken and salad – remove the skin as this can be very fatty. Don’t ask for chips, more salad is a better option and don’t eat the stuffing!
- Grilled fish and salad – make sure the fish is not coated in batter.
- Pizza – the base is almost pure carbohydrates.
- Fish and chips – chips are pure carbohydrates
- Hamburgers – the buns are not only carbohydrates but many have added sugar to make them taste better.
- Pies and pasties – the pastry and much of the filling (not much meat protein unfortunately) is mostly carbohydrates.
- Cakes, ice creams and donuts – mostly carbohydrates.