Water accounts for around 60% of the body weight of the average adult so the amount of water we consume can make a huge difference to how we feel both physically and mentally. Dehydration often leads to headaches,tiredness and mood swings, which can make it harder to stick to a new diet programme. As a key part of the Celebrity Slim programme we ask you to drink around 2L, or 8 glasses of water each day. This may seem a lot but it is in line with healthy guidelines and will help to make you feel more alert, support your digestion and keep you feeling full. More importantly it establishes water consumption as a healthy habit, so that even when you reach your weight loss goals you continue to reap the health benefits of water consumption.
- It is very important to drink at least 8 glasses (2 litres) of water a day.
- Often dehydration is misinterpreted as hunger when you are on a weight loss programme. When you feel hungry, have a glass of water and then decide whether you are still hungry or not.
- It’s important to drink water to flush out toxins your body is breaking down as you lose weight.
- Fill up water 4 x 500ml water bottles in the morning and leave them around your house, in your car, at work and aim to finish them by the end of the day.
- All types of water are suitable, including plain, spring, sparkling and mineral water. Try adding ice or a slice of lemon to your water to make it more refreshing and delicious.