What you’ll need
- 1 small egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 small courgette, about 200 g,
- coarsely grated
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The easy bit
- Combine egg, flour and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add courgette, feta, onion, thyme and garlic and gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place 4 heaped tablespoons of courgette mixture around the edge of the pan, allowing room for spreading, and flatten slightly.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining courgette mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can freeze these fritters and defrost 1-2 as an allowable snack.
- Energy 171 kcal
- Protein 6g
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 10g