What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
The easy bit
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the broccoli and stock.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and add the pine nuts.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup in batches until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir over low heat until warmed through.
- Serve with sour cream.