What you’ll need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 500 g tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil,plus extra for garnish
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Transfer to a roasting dish.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and sugar and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool, then purée in a blender, adding a little of the stock if the mixture is too thick.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add remaining stock.
- Bring to the boil, add chopped basil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with extra basil to serve.
Tip: Double the recipe and freeze four portions for a quick and easy meal.
- Energy 194 kcal
- Protein 5g
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 9g