What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 small courgette, diced
- 4 baby yellow squash, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
The easy bit
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the leek, celery and thyme and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and green pepper and stir through.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the courgette and yellow squash cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through the parsley just before serving.
Tip: You can change this recipe by substituting any other allowed vegetables from the programme.
- Energy 184 kcal
- Protein 9g
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 12g