What you’ll need
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 mild red chilli
- 1⁄4 mild green chilli
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cummin
- 1⁄2 ripe tomato, roughly diced
- 1⁄2 roasted pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest and juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, Kiev cut, skin removed
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 small orange, segmented
The easy bit
1. For the marinade, heat the cooking oil in a pan, then lightly sweat off the onion, chillies and garlic. Add the paprika and cummin and toss.
2. Add the tomato, capsicum, and salt and pepper.
3. Put the tomato and capsicum mix into a food processor, then pour in lemon juice and 21⁄2 tablespoons of olive oil, and process until smooth.
4. When cool, brush the marinade on the chicken breast to coat lightly and set aside for 4 hours.
5. On a BBQ, cook chicken on one side to seal, then turn. It should take 7 to 10 minutes for a 150g breast to cook through. Try not to overcook it.
6. Lightly oil the asparagus, then place on the BBQ and cook for 1 minute on each side.
7. Toss together the fennel, coriander, orange, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Serve with the cooked chicken and asparagus.