What you’ll need
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 star anise
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 chicken breast, about 160 g
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, including
- the green top
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 100 g mange tout, halved
- 40 g Chinese cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
The easy bit
- Place chicken stock in a medium saucepan, add the garlic, ginger, star anise, chilli and soy sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then add the chicken breast and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and set aside to cool.
- Continue simmering the stock for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the cooked chicken.
- Add the vegetables and shredded chicken to the broth and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the star anise, top with the herbs and serve.
To make this recipe vegetarian, substitute firm tofu for chicken and vegetable stock for chicken stock.
- Energy 196 kcal
- Protein 24g
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 9g