What you’ll need
• 2 7oz cod loin steaks (any white fish or salmon will work just aswell)
• 1 small red pepper, sliced
• 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
• 1 small green pepper, sliced
• 2tbsp olive oil
• 2tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1tbsp runny honey
• 1tbsp parsley
• 1tbsp mint
• 1tbsp basil
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 5 green olives, pitted
• 2-3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp capers
The easy bit
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200oc / gas 6.
2. In a medium saucepan fry the slices of pepper in 1tbsp of the olive oil over a medium heat until they begin to soften but not brown, for about 5 minutes stirring every so often.
3. Add the vinegar and honey turn the heat down to a simmer. Drizzle the remaining 1tbsp of olive oil over the two cod steaks, season with a little salt and pepper and pop into the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your cod.
4. For the salsa verde simply place all the ingredients either into a small blender or pestle and mortar and mix until smooth and vibrantly green.
5. To serve divide the peppers between your plates, add the cod and top with the salsa verde.
592 Calories per serving.