What you’ll need
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 2cm dices (about 2 cups)
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm dices (about 2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 fresh medium salmon fillets, skin on
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
- Mix the tomatoes, avocados, onions, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush the fillets with the olive oil and season with salt. Add to the grill, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Turn and cook until the salmon is opaque and medium-rare (about 4 minutes depending upon the thickness of the fillets).
- To serve, spoon salsa on serving plate and add fillets on top. Garnish each plate with a sprig of coriander and serve immediately with a green salad or steamed greens.
- Energy – 358 kcal
- Protein – 21 grams
- Carbs – 4 grams
- Fats – 25 Grams
- Fibre – 4 grams