What you’ll need
- 800g tinned tuna in spring water, drained and flaked into smaller pieces or firm tofu
- 4 oranges, skin sliced away, individual segments cut out
- 2 large fennel bulbs, sliced thinly across bulb
- 1/2 cup picked parsley leaves
- 1 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 a small red onion, peeled and finely sliced or 4 – 5 stalks spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 avocados, peeled and deseeded – 1 diced, 1/2 mashed (for dressing)
- 20 black olives
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and bashed
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
The easy bit
- To make dressing combine 1/2 a mashed avocado, garlic, orange juice, cider vinegar, salt and black pepper in a clean glass jar and shake until mixed well.
- Combine tuna, oranges, fennel, parsley, cos, onion and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss salad gently with clean hands. Divide between 4 bowls or plates, placing 5 olives in each and garnishing with pine nuts. Serve immediately.