What you’ll need
Almond & Parmesan Crumbed Chicken:
- 1 cup finely chopped slivered or flaked almonds (you may buzz in a spice grinder)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons picked thyme
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 chicken breasts, each sliced into 3, on a diagonal
- 4 tablespoons of cornflour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- olive oil for greasing
Minted Green Apple & Celery Slaw:
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, julienne
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large stick of celery, sliced 2mm pieces
- 1/2 packed cup of torn mint
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream or low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt & pepper
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 190ºC or 180ºC fan forced.
- Begin with combining the almonds, thyme, parsley, parmesan, pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. With a rolling pin bash each piece of chicken between 2 pieces of cling wrap, until about 7mm thick all over. Dust each piece lightly with cornflour, then dip in egg. Let excess egg drip away and press into the crumb mix, coating each side thoroughly. Gently lay chicken pieces on a greased cake rack over a baking tray and bake for 3 – 4 minutes each side or until beautifully golden. If the crumb is still very pale, give it a quick blast under the grill – you want the nuts and parmesan to be toasted and crunchy.
- To make slaw, combine apples, radishes, celery and mint in a large mixing bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk sour cream, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper. Pour into slaw and toss gently with clean hands, to coat salad. Set aside.
- To serve, place chicken pieces at the centre of a plate with the slaw on the side and a wedge of lemon for the chicken.