What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- ½ brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2 cm-thick slices
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 400 g canned chopped roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 75 g frozen broad beans, thawed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- salt and black pepper
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Transfer chicken to a casserole dish. Add onion and celery to the frying pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add to casserole dish with the chicken, then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add broad beans and thyme and cook for a further 5 minutes or until broad beans are tender.
- Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Tip: You can also use sliced green beans instead of the broad beans.
- Energy 345 kcal
- Protein 35g
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 9g