What you’ll need
- 2 fresh turkey steaks
- 1 small aubergine, thinly sliced into rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 8 black pitted olives, chopped
- 1 mozzarella ball
The easy bit
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- In a small saucepan add 1tbsp of the olive oil and gently cook the onions, garlic and anchovy fillets until the onions are soft.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and fresh basil, season with a little salt and pepper and cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan until it is hot. Brush the turkey steaks on both sides with a little olive oil and cook until sealed on both sides and transfer to a small baking dish.
- Brush the aubergines with olive oil and cook them on the griddle pan again until both sides are charred and arrange over the turkey.
- Spoon over the tomato sauces, scatter over the black olives and finally place the mozzarella over and bake for 15 minutes and serve.