What you’ll need
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 100g peas
- 25g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 200g steak
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 spears asparagus
The easy bit
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Lightly fry shallot, garlic and peas in butter. Season and fry until soft. Purée and set aside.
3. In an ovenproof frying pan, add cooking oil, and heat on high.
4. Season steak with salt, pepper and thyme, and place in hot pan to seal one side. When golden brown, flip the steak and put the pan in the oven.
5. Turn steak every 3 minutes, until cooked to your liking, then take out of pan and rest.
6. Sauté the mushrooms in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until they’re golden.
7. Reheat the steak in the oven for 2 minutes, and at the same time, blanch the asparagus in boiling water.
8. When asparagus is cooked, toss in a bowl with remaining olive oil and season, then serve with the steak, pea purée and mushrooms.