What you’ll need
- 2 fillet, rump or sirlion steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 200g wilted spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
The easy bit
- Cover the steaks with the oil, season with salt and pepper and place in a hot pan.
- After cooking for 1 minute, turn the steak and cook as desired. Timing depends on the thickness of the steak and preference (allow 5 minutes for medium rare).
- Chop tomatoes and place in a bowl with the herbs, vinegar and seasoning. Add this mixture to the pan and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon on top of the steak and serve with wilted spinach.