What you’ll need
- 300g stewing steak, diced
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 – 4 tbsp curry paste
- 200ml water
- 20g fresh coriander
- 250g curly kale
- 100g green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10g butter
The easy bit
- In a casserole dish or a large pan heat the olive oil until hot then add the diced beef and onions, cook until the beef is nicely browned.
- Add the curry paste and garlic, continue to cooking for 2 – 3 minutes to bring out the flavour.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water and bring to a steady simmer. Cook for an hour on a low heat or until the beef is tender.
- Cook the green beans for 5 minutes in boiling water then drain.
- In a medium sized frying pan heat the butter and olive oil and when foaming add the garlic, kale and green beans, pop a lid on and cook for 3 – 4 minutes stirring every so often.
- Finish the curry with a little chopped coriander and serve.
If you’re struggling for time in the evening and have a slow cooker, follow the video above. Hassle free cooking!