What you’ll need
- 6 lamb cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt and black pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into
- thick slices
- 6-8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 100 g baby spinach
The easy bit
- Place lamb cutlets in a shallow dish, add 1 tablespoon oil, the rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- In a roasting dish, place the fennel and garlic, then drizzle over the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill plate or frying pan until smoking, then add the lamb and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fennel and garlic from the oven, squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and discard the skins.
- Stir through the spinach leaves – the heat from the fennel will wilt the spinach a little – and serve with the lamb cutlets.
Tip: This is a great recipe to cook on the barbecue in summer.
- Energy 441 kcal
- Protein 39g
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 5g