What you’ll need
- 900g minced pork
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- handful of sage, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cornflour
The easy bit
- Mix the mince, apple, egg and sage (reserving a pinch of sage for the gravy) together in a bowl and season well.
- Shape into eight equal balls and press flat to 1 inch thickness.
- Fry on a medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes on each side until cooked through, then place in the oven to keep warm.
- For the red onion gravy, using the same pan, gently fry the onion in the oil until golden and add a pinch of sage.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in water as the packet directs and pour over the onions. Increase the heat until boiling.
- Mix the cornflour with a teaspoon of water and add the mixture to the gravy and stir.
- Once thickened, pour gravy over the patties and serve with seasonal greens.