What you’ll need
- 7kg leg or shoulder of ham, on the bone
- 170g (1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 95g (1/3 cup) Masterfoods wholegrain mustard
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place an oven shelf in the lowest position and remove all the other shelves. Use a small, sharp knife to cut around the ham shank in a zigzag pattern, about 10cm from the end. Run a knife around the edge of the ham. Gently lift rind off in one piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Add a small amount of water to a large roasting pan. Place the ham on a wire rack in the pan.
- Combine the marmalade and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until marmalade melts. Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Brush ham with half the marmalade glaze to evenly coat. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until warmed through and light golden.
- Increase temperature to 180°C. Spoon remaining glaze over ham and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Transfer to a tray and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest before carving.