What you’ll need
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 broad beans, blanched and peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 220g lamb rump
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
The easy bit
- Cook whole aubergine in simmering water until soft, cool a little, then peel off skin and purée in food processor or mash with a fork. Add half the garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the cooked broad beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate lamb rump for a few hours with rosemary, remaining garlic and oil, then sear in a pan on both sides and place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how the meat is to be cooked.
- Mix spring onion with yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange aubergine mash in middle of the plate, then slice lamb rump into approximately 1cm-thick pieces and place on top. Top with spring onion and yoghurt.