What you’ll need
- 100g butter – softened
- 1 tablespoon rosemary – chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme – chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano – chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 small clove garlic – crushed
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lamb rack
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 baby carrots – peeled
The easy bit
- For the herb butter, process the butter in a blender until it turns pale. Turn it out into a bowl and fold in the herbs, mustard, garlic, lemon zest and juice.
- Spread the butter onto a cling film lined tray about 1cm thick and put in fridge to set. When set, use a round cutter to portion the butter. This will make about 6 portions, which can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge,
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Heat cooking oil in an ovenproof pan. Season the lamb well and then put in the oven.
- Turn every 2 – 3 minutes until medium rare or cooked to your liking. This should take about 8 minutes. Take out and rest the lamb.
- In another pan, heat the olive oil, lightly saute the baby carrots and season them.
- Place herb butter on top of the lamb, return to the oven for another minute, then serve with the carrots.