What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pork cutlets, about 200 g each
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 250 g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The easy bit
- Place the lemon zest, juice, oil, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, add the pork and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the cabbage, cinnamon, nutmeg and vinegar and stir well.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Place the pork cutlets under a preheated grill for 8 minutes, turn and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Serve cutlets with the warm cabbage and lemon wedges.
Tip: These cutlets can be served with any allowable vegetables or salad.
- Energy 377 kcal
- Protein 43g
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 4g