What you’ll need
- 2 sirloin steaks, about 180 g each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 200 g celeriac bulb, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
The easy bit
- Season the steaks with the oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the celeriac in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook until tender,about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the horseradish, sour cream and chives and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat a grill plate or frying pan until smoking hot, add the steak and seal the meat on both sides – this will help keep in the juices.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until done to your liking.
- Drain the celeriac and lightly mash with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the mash on a plate, then top with the steak and a dollop of horseradish cream.
- Serve with a green side salad.
Tip: If celeriac is unavailable, you can use cauliflower instead.
- Energy 419 kcal
- Protein 40g
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 5g