What you’ll need
- 400g lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml beef stock
- Medium sized cauliflower (300g)
- 50g reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese (plus 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 10g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- Black pepper
The easy bit
- Place chopped cauliflower in a saucepan of water, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, meanwhile fry the onion, celery and garlic with oil for 3-4 minutes in a frying pan until softened. Add mince and cook until browned. Add stock, tomatoes and thyme and cook for 20-30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Drain cauliflower and mash adding the butter and cheese. Mix well to ensure the cheese melts. Keep warm until the mince is cooked.
- Pour mince mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with mashed cauliflower then sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until brown.