What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 130 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 300 g rump steak, sliced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
The easy bit
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based frying pan, add onion, mushrooms and paprika and cook until lightly browned and juices from mushrooms have evaporated.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the steak over very high heat for about 2 minutes, adding the tomato paste and wine about halfway through.
- Simmer until slightly reduced, then add the sour cream and return the mushroom mixture to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Serve with fresh steamed green beans.
Tip: Make this recipe in advance and freeze in portions for an easy dinner.
- Energy 411 kcal
- Protein 35g
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 5g